Just as we await each year’s new nominations in different forms of art, so too, do we receive recognition for our blogs — which some might argue, are also an art form. The level of commitment and diligence I see out in the Blogosphere, accompanied by gorgeous photos and beautiful design work, is impressive. They all inspire me to “keep on, keepin’ on.” In these hot, muggy days of summer, it has been difficult for me to stay focused on Moggiepurrs, but I have been brought back into the fold and am making an editorial calendar once again. We (me and Sophie) have worked too hard for more than a year to let it all just fade away. More challenges await, there are many more posts to write, and there are new problems for us to solve.
My lovely blog-friend, Sherri Matthews, is the one who inspired me to get up and running again with some form of schedule. It was delightful to open my inbox and see a virtual goodie-bag of awards that she has bestowed upon Moggiepurrs. I hope to live up to the sentiments expressed in them. There is one more award to present at a later date because part of its “rules” say not to announce it with a bunch of other awards, so we’ll do that one later. Onward and upward!
Please know that I understand not everyone wishes to partake in awards, or you might already have them. Then, they will serve as a reminder of my admiration and appreciation for your wonderful work in the blogosphere.
The Award for Love and Kindness
1. Share an act of kindness another blogger has done for you. This would have to be Deb Barnes from ZeeZoey.com. On two occasions, Deb has allowed me to use her gorgeous photos/badges that she created from photos of her own beautiful cats when there was an important issue at stake that needed the blogosphere to spread the news, i.e. declawing. I ran them with her copyright, but they always make my blog site SHINE!! Thank you, Deb!
2. Thank the person who nominated you for the award, and link back to their blog. That would be Sherri Matthews’ blog: A View From My Summerhouse. Thank you, Sherri!
3. Nominate those bloggers whom you feel practice Kindness and Love — you choose how many! All of my nominees will appear at the bottom of this post.
Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
The creator of this award said: “As bloggers, we are also readers.
That is a part of blogging as listening is a part of speaking.”
1. Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you, and link back to them in your post. (Done above.)
2. Add the award logo to your blog. (Done)
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
- I LOVE to Read!
- I have an account on Goodreads and keep track of every book I read!
- This year’s goal is to read 100 books. I may surpass that number.
- Wait staff in the local restaurants know me as the “lady with the book.”
- I started a book club in my town and we meet once a month.
- I love reading all of the blogs that I subscribe to EVERY DAY, even if I don’t comment. It feels like I’m checking in with Friends and Family who live far away.
- I believe reading is one of the fastest ways to broaden your mind.
The Angel Award
Guess what? There are none! Just a beautiful award to show great appreciation to all you beautiful Angels out there. This one is for you all, too, so please take it!
Most Influential Blogger
1. Display the Award on your Blog. (Done)
2. Announce your win with a blog post and thank the Blogger who awarded you. (Again, Sherri Matthews)
3. Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award. (I’ll do this at the bottom of the post.)
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment (or a pingback). (Done)
5. Include an embedded video of your current favourite song. If a video is not possible you can embed a SoundCloud track. (Well, I’m skipping this one because I don’t listen to music while I’m working on the computer.)
It is my honour and privilege to nominate these wonderful bloggers for all the above awards and many congratulations to you all:
- The Chronicles of the Zee & Zoey Cats
- Sparkle the Designer Cat
- One Spoiled Cat
- Playful Kitty
- Living With Loulou
- Sometimes, Cats Herd You
- Nerrisa’s Life
- The Cat On My Head
- The Island Cats
Thank you so much to everybody for your kindness and support. There are way more than 10 blogs deserving of these awards, but I’d be here all night if I listed everyone! If you are reading this blog post, then I thank you, too! You are also eligible to take the beautiful Angel Award above. Take it with my blessing and “bling up” your sidebar!
Help me celebrate! :-)